Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dear Ellen Degeneres

Dear Ellen,

I don't care WHAT my dad says--I really like your show! I may have started watching it because my dad doesn't like you, but I definitely like it because it's just a good show. You have great guests, you're really funny, and you do goofy dances. Well, the dancing is a little awkward, but it's unique! Also, you don't tell people what to read in order to make them better people. You don't talk about God/Jesus in one breath and then new age philosophy in the other. In fact, you don't really talk about faith at all, and that's okay. You don't have a magazine whose cover displays a new picture of you every month. You don't pad your show with guests who are your "friends" and talk for 15 minutes about how they love you. In fact, when a guest says "I love you," all you say is a simple, "Thank you, I love you too" and move on. You're not trying to change the world with your show....you're just trying to have fun! Thus, I have fun watching it! You seem like a really nice person and I'm happy that you have some light entertainment on in the afternoon...it's great background noise for ironing, and I catch all the important (funny, lighthearted) stuff.

--Rachel

No comments: