Monday, April 7, 2008

My adventures as a stay-at-home mom.

Hi there!

This is my first blog post in a VERY long time. I owe my blogging skills to two people:

1. Andy Dehnart, my online media professor at Stetson University (I took his class way back in 2003). He's been blogging at www.realityblurred.com since, well, it's been a long time. Also, MSNBC frequently uses him as an expert on reality TV shows and other mass-media topics.

2. My husband Josh, who has his blog at www.joshboldman.com. He is the funniest person I know, so you should check him out. Well, don't actually check HIM out, although he is EXTREMELY handsome. Check out his blog. :)

I guess this is where I will post all sorts of things about my adventures as a SAHM, or a Stay-at-Home Mom, for all you non-abbreviators. Blogger is telling me that "abbreviators" is not a word. COOL! I made up a word!

At this moment, I am not TRULY a SAHM, because I am still with-child. Our first son, Ezekiel David, is due in two weeks. We thought he was going to make his grand entrance last night, but alas, it was a false alarm. I can't wait to meet him, not only because he's been living inside of me and I want to know what he really looks like, acts like, etc....but because he kicks me, a lot. This is my analogy for how this feels: he's running out of space, and even though the housing market is GREAT, his one-bedroom condo won't sell, and he doesn't have a good enough down payment to buy what he really wants--he's waiting for his tax return to come in. So basically, he's trapped. In more ways than one.

I'm hoping to get on board with NaBloPoMo, which gives daily inspiration and topic ideas for each day; sometimes a theme for the month. April's theme is letters, and they're trying to get everyone to post something new every day. I'm not sure if I'll make it every day, but I will try. Hopefully Josh will teach me how to get the word out that I have this thing, and then people will read it!

Much love,

Rachel (and Zeke, too. He's kicking again.)

No comments: