Thursday, May 8, 2008

My mothering skills continue to improve

Today I amazed myself...and the day is not over yet...there is plenty more amazement yet to be had. Allow me to explain:

For the past 2 and 1/2 weeks, Zeke has been working himself into a pretty decent routine. It's not always TOTALLY consistent, but for the most part, it actually is. He eats every 3 hours, is awake for a little bit, then goes down for a nap (he is still a total sleepyhead). Overnight we now let him wake us up. The past few days, he has woken us up at 2:30/3:00 a.m. at which time I feed him, change him, and put him right back to bed. He's been sleeping after that straight through to 6:00/6:30 a.m. This morning, I actually had to wake him up at 6:30 to eat. After that, he usually has a tiny bit of alert time, and then goes back down for a nap, as do I, until 9:00/9:30 or so. Not today. Today he cried and fussed, fussed and cried, lost his pacifier about 7 times (it wasn't that bad but it felt like it) and although he was quiet when Josh left for work, as soon as he left the house, he started crying again. I let him cry for 10 minutes, then went in to see what was wrong. He was fed, I gave him his pacifier, and still he spit it out and started crying. Okay, maybe he's got a diaper situation, I thought. Well, turns out he did. He had a wet diaper. I changed it, set him down, he squawked for a second, and then boom, he was out. So there ya go--I figured out what was wrong with my baby! Now he's crying again. and I have no idea what's wrong again. Back to square one.

No comments: