Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Today

I swear Zeke grew overnight. I was looking at him today (one of my favorite pastimes) and I realized that the kid really is huge. He doesn't present himself as such, mostly because he likes to have his little legs folded up like a frog, but while changing his diaper I realized (because he kicks his legs out straight to protest the nakedness) that he is enormous. I put him in size 1 diapers today--he could still wear newborn size, but he is definitely fitting into the size 1's too. I tried to put him in a Newborn size Winnie the Pooh sleeper outfit, and his feet are too big for it--also, when he straightens out his legs, the poor outfit stretches really bad! So I decided to get some of his Newborn non-shorts outfits out and take some pictures of him in them, since he mostly wears white onesies during the day. Once I find the connector cord for the camera that will hook it up to the laptop (I think it's in the car), I'll post some new pictures of my little (big) man. He is truly amazing. I don't know my newborn milestones very well, but he is starting to lift his head and turn it from side to side, which I think is pretty cool for only being 2 and 1/2 weeks old! He is still a sleepyhead and I wake him up every 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours during the day. But last night he slept from midnight (11:00 feeding) to 2:30 and then from about 3:00 to 6:15. That's really not too bad. He's really finding his niche, as far as routine goes. He's not known for his consistency, but each day is a new adventure, and I'm trying to just take it as it comes, one day at a time. He's also starting to put himself to sleep by crying for a few minutes. By the time I'm ready to rush in and rescue him, he's already calmed down and (sometimes) passed out. I am blessed to have this little guy in my family! Josh and I thank the Lord for giving him to us. We could not have asked for a more special gift!

No comments: