Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh I, Oh, I'm still alive....

Hello!
As you can see, I haven't been posting every day. Nor have I been posting every other day. I am a blog-posting failure! Oh well. As you can see from my subject/title line, I'm still alive! Zeke is now sleeping at least 10 hours at night. This isn't a HUGE change from what he was doing before, but it means that I don't have to feed him at 10:00/10:30 p.m. anymore, so if I want to go to bed early, I can. Has that happened yet? Nope! But still, if I wanted to, I could!

The gym where I am a faithful member, Lifestyle Family Fitness, has their own little music video channel that plays out on the gym floor, so if you don't have your own source of music or you're not watching TV on the elliptical machines (I'm convinced that the only reason we re-joined the gym is so we can watch cable), you can listen to/watch music. One morning last week, one of the videos caught my eye. It was the video for one of my favorite songs, "Like a Stone," by one of my favorite bands, Audioslave (That's right people, I don't ONLY listen to Christian music--let's take a second to get over that, shall we? Okay, are we good? Good.). Audioslave is made up of some members of other, older bands. The lead singer is Chris Cornell, formerly of Soundgarden, and the other guys are from Rage Against the Machine. The video was pretty straightforward, just the band playing in a really cool location. What caught my eye was the fact that one of the band members was holding his baby (probably about 6 months old) in the scenes in-between the band playing. And I got to thinking, wow. We're all growing up, aren't we? The guys in this band are at LEAST 10 years older than me, so they got a later start than I did, but look at them--they're starting families too. I thought it was so awesome to see these tough rocker guys playing with an adorable little baby, and clearly loving her. I guess when you grow up and have kids, you become a little softer and gentler. Besides being totally pumped because "Like a Stone" is one of my favorite songs, I was really touched by the sight.

Well I guess this is growing up!

No comments: