Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year, New Me

Every year begins with the same good intentions, doesn't it? We all have these lofty goals in mind--we're going to lose xxx pounds, give xxx to charity, clean the house, stick to the diet, exercise, take up a new hobby...and the list goes on. Those are just a few of my resolutions from years' past--I'm sure you could add to the list. This year, I wanted to just throw it all in the trash--forget the resolutions, just live and hope for the best. But I realize that I am a very goal-oriented person. Competitive? Maybe! After reading Jessica's blog post regarding her themed resolution, I have also settled on a word: PURPOSE. And yes, for those of you who are musical theatre nerds, I am currently singing the lyrics to the song by the same name from Avenue Q. :) Here are my resolutions, revolving around that one, tiny word:

1. Participate in a bible study regarding purpose. My small group is going through "The Significant Woman," which is all about finding your purpose.

2. Begin a journey in purposeful prayer. Not just praying to pray, but praying because I know it changes lives. Mine, and others'.

3. Continue and maintain my healthy lifestyle--eat healthier and cook more, and continue exercising. I would also like to complete an additional training this year to teach classes besides bodypump.

4. Grow as a wife and mother--this is my true purpose right now, and I need to live and flourish in it.

I'm sure I could list more resolutions, and I will as I find the words. But this is just a start.

I don't know how I know, but I'm gonna find my purpose! That's for all you Avenue Q fans out there :)

love
Rachel

No comments: