Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm alive-ish

Hi everyone!

I wanted to blog all last week, but I just couldn't. I don't know if it's because I didn't feel like it; or I was tired; or I just couldn't find the words. On Tuesday evening one of the other associate pastors at our church passed away very suddenly. We carried on the rest of the week and through the memorial service with a tremendous sadness of a magnitude that I, personally, have not experienced in a long time. It is difficult to know that today, Josh went to work and did not have lunch with Pastor Rod. I was happy to make a lunch for him, but did so with tears in my eyes because I knew WHY I was making the lunch. Josh and Rod spent a lot of time together, and had been to lunch the very day he passed. Rod's presence will be missed greatly. His leadership and guidance will be missed even more. And his love for Christ, well, that was immeasurable and will be missed the most. It's comforting to know that he is with our savior and is at peace. People keep saying, "I just know he's up there in heaven with so and so, doing such and such..." and I don't think that's true. I think Rod is up in heaven with Jesus just soaking it all in, and completely concentrated on praising our Lord. He is asking questions and talking to those who have gone before, and is not concerned with anyone or anything else. And that's the way it should be.

Other than last week being a total mess, things are going well. Zeke seems to have worked out his napping issues with some help from a curtain to keep the light out of his room. He is also sleeping in "big boy" jammies; a tee-shirt and pants. Today when I went in to feed him in the morning it just didn't seem possible that he is a boy now, not a baby. And no, it does NOT make me want another baby. I'll leave the procreation up to all the other women in the church, who seem to be handling it quite effectively on their own. :)

Love to you all.

Rachel

No comments: