Sunday, March 8, 2009

Stomach yuck

What a week!

On Tuesday night, I made a fabulous dinner of hot dogs and corn bread, made with cornbread mix and a can of creamed corn. It was delicious; mostly because the hot dogs were Nathan's. Oh my goodness...YUM. Well about two hours later, my stomach started rumbling its protest for what I had eaten. I was quite upset, because it was so stinkin' good! I went to bed that night with a stomach ache, thinking that the cornbread just didn't agree with me. My sweet husband said to me before falling into a blissful sleep, "If you need ANYTHING tonight, you wake me up and let me know, ok?" I replied, "Okay honey, I love you," thinking that there was no need for his offer and that I'd wake up in the morning refreshed and ready to start the day. I woke up several times over night with an awful taste in my mouth, and an even more horrible feeling in my tummy. Anyone remember the "Ramona the Pest" books? In one of them she is laying in bed praying, "Please God don't let me throw up" over and over, and then she sits up: "Please God don't let me throw---" and you can imagine the rest. Well my story didn't happen QUITE like that, but I started breathing heavily, rolled over to Josh and said quite loudly (it was 3:30 a.m. at this point, by the way), "Honey, I need you to get me a bowl." He jumped up the fastest I've ever seen him, and brought me back a bowl just as swiftly. My hero!! I retreated to the bathroom and alternated between that location and the bed for the rest of the "night." I didn't throw up until later in the morning, but the bowl was my constant companion. My AMAZING husband took care of the baby while I slept and just stayed horizontal for the rest of the day. My mom also came over while Josh was at youth, to help take care of the baby. I haven't thrown up since Wednesday, but the OTHER symptoms have continued until today...if you know what I mean. Today was the first day I have been able to really eat since Tuesday night. And I'm slowly getting my appetite back. I'm starting this week 5 lbs. lighter than last week! Everyone wants to lose a few pounds, but this was not a fun way to do it.

We thought Zeke had made it through without catching it.....until Friday when he woke up from his nap in a puddle of...well, you know...

We thought Josh had made it through without catching it until just before he had to leave for youth and...well, you know... The jury is still out on Josh--we're not sure if he's really got it or not; and he's at the church right now so I haven't heard how he is feeling.

Here are some prayer requests (yes I realize that this whole post was too much information, but I've just got to express myself, ya know?!):

*That Zeke will get over this QUICKLY.
*That Zeke will start eating normally again and not lose too much weight
*That Josh will NOT get this at all.
*That my milk supply will bounce back from me being dehydrated and unable to eat these past few days
*That once this horrible virus has made it through our house, it will NOT come back!!!!!

Thanks!
Got any advice for keeping this stuff at bay?!!!

No comments: