Sunday, April 5, 2009

Changes

Hi everyone!

I really have no idea who reads this, but my page view counter keeps going up, so I know SOMEONE is out there! If you're reading this, will you please just leave a tiny little itsy bitsy comment for me? Pwwwwwweeeeease?! You don't even have to leave your name, or write what you thought about my post. Just say "I read it", click "post comment" and move on to the next blog!

I want to figure out my "blog identity." The reason for my lack of posts lately is not that I just don't have anything to say, it's that I have no idea what is post-worthy and what is junk. So rather than make a fool out of myself, I've just kept to...myself. So I want to play around with themes for the blog. After speaking with a dear, sweet, wonderful friend on Friday, I realized that I have been given an incredible gift--I am married to a pastor. I never thought I'd say that--really, both of those phrases in relationship to each other were never on my radar before 2005, when I met Josh. I distinctly remember a conversation I had with a friend while running over the summer of 2005, just weeks before I met Josh, in which she told me that she felt "called" to be a pastor's wife and I responded, "you're crazy" and went on to list all the reasons why I wanted nothing to do with the ministry. I had a bad taste in my mouth at that point for pastors. Well, exactly a year later, I married a pastor and she married...a non-pastor (?--is that even a word/proper phrase? Whatever. My blog. My vocab.). I love being married to Josh, even though the "pastor" part was not in my original plans. I need to start living in light of the gift I've been given. So I'm testing out this theme of my life as a pastor's wife. Maybe you'll walk away with some insight. I'll still talk about my life, and the boring stuff that happens around my apartment, but I will hopefully have a little bit more purpose. Maybe I'll get bored and change the theme tomorrow! It's all about playing around, right?! I'm sure I'll stumble upon my blog-identity somewhere along the way!

Stay classy, blogosphere--
Rachel

7 comments:

BRIAN DOUGLAS said...

I read it. ~BRIAN

Kristen said...

I read it. :P

Dana and the Boys said...

You know I read, I am your only follower...LOL!

Amy Uppercue said...

I read it. :)

Rachel Boldman said...

Wow! I'm so happy to have readers!!! woohoo!

Dana said...

I read your blog all the time Rachel!!

Jordan said...

I read it, rather belatedly! I think that is a good idea for a blog theme. Mine has gone through several evolutions.