Monday, August 3, 2009

Encouragement!

"...and in a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

There is always hope. By the grace of God, who is merciful and loving, there is always hope that the sun will rise. Have you ever seen the sky at 3:00 a.m.? It's different. There's a different color, and a glow that is only present at three. My heart soars when I think of this quote. I first came across it in a newspaper article about my friend who died when I was fifteen. She had just turned sixteen, and had her driver's license for a few days. The dark night of my soul was so dark and heavy I couldn't breathe, let alone get my hands around any semblance of hope. But when I read that quote, I got it. I understood that it would get better. And when post-partum depression hit me like a tidal wave, I recalled those words and held on tight to my savior, who set the alarm clock for 3:00 a.m. so I could see the sun come up.
MckLinky Blog Hop

8 comments:

Lynnette Kraft said...

Hi Rachel. It's nice to meet you. I randomly clicked over from the Blog Hop and am glad I did. The quote is great. I don't often look at the sky at three o'clock in the morning, but next time I'm up then I will! :)

Thanks for sharing.
Lynnette
Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground

conversationswithmoms said...

Rachel, you have a great attitude. Thanks for sharing.

Carrie said...

thanks for sharing. I have seen the 3 a.m. sky many times, literally and spiritually. I know what you mean. :)

Josie said...

Very nice! :) Come stop by my blog at raisingbabycheap.blogspot.com

Mochamama said...

Thanks for sharing that quote! Have a great week!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved the quote..Thanks for the encouragement.....I enjoyed your blog....

Comfort Joy Designs said...

Hey, hoppin' by to encourage you today! I've got a button for you at my blog http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2009/08/mcklinky-blog-hop-encouragement.html

Blessings,
Deborah

comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

browncouchevents.blogspot.com

Chatterbox said...

What a wonderful thought!
Thanks Rachel for sharing the inspiring quote. I had seen the early morning skies several times as a part of my early wake up hours. But your inspiring quote has definitely added an all new meaning to my visions.
Loved hoping to your great blog.

Cheers!!