Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ages and Stages

Today is gray and rainy. Not bad, if you can curl up in a ball under a blanket with some coffee and a good book. Really bad if you've got a toddler.

Zeke woke up in a bad mood today. He was all smiles when I walked in his room to rouse him from his slumber, but it went downhill as soon as I turned on the light. By the time I got him onto the changing table to strip him of his water balloon/diaper, he was already whining and hitting me. SO, now we're working on a nap. But I'm out here on the couch shaking in my Nikes, because I have no idea what to do with my kid for the rest of the day. We can't go to the park. I don't want to drive all the way to Joplin to the mall. What to do, what to do. Really, this is a struggle I face every day. So I've created a schedule for him, based on The Babywise Mom's suggestions for learning activities.

But I'm not going to start that until Monday, because I have to keep myself organized and on a schedule or else I will go nuts. ADHD? Uh-huh.

Today--what should I do? When Zeke wakes up from his nap, what activities can we do to keep ourselves occupied? And on a daily basis, what do/did you do with YOUR young toddler?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

you could teach him how to whittle.