Thursday, September 24, 2009

Development

The Boldmans LOVE Missouri! We are so blessed to be a part of the work God is doing in our church, as well as the whole area. Sometimes I feel unworthy of such a huge, important responsibility, but then I look back and remember all of the special things God revealed to me to let me know that this is his direction and we are here for a purpose. Anyway, I digress.

When we left Florida, Zeke was barely walking. He was mostly crawling with one leg up, Quasimodo style. I used to chase after him and say "I am theeee bellllll riiiiiiingerrrrr!" Not really. But you pictured it, didn't you?! He would walk holding onto us with both hands, but not much on his own. Within a week of our arrival in Missouri, he started walking on his own. He rarely even crawls. And I rarely do impressions of Quasimodo. But I was kidding about that. Right. He has also gotten better at throwing, and talking. He even says "mom!" It is incredibly precious. I attribute his giant leaps in his development to our move. Unlike our living situation in Florida, we have actual space for him TO walk. We spend more one-on-one time together, as well as time as a family. There aren't as many things here to distract us from the quality of our interactions. What a difference we've seen in our little boy, and in our relationship as a family. The Lord is good!

1 comment:

Your Organizing Guru said...

Glad you are settling in! I would have LOVED the opportunity to spend two days with you unpacking!! Unpacks may just be my favorite things about my job. Started AWANA this Fall At our new church. I somehow ended up as the TNT Director. Hmmmmm. God is stretching me this Fall! You are certainly welcome for Zeke's gift. Target.com rocks with the registry, doesn't it?! Take care. Be blessed! ~Until, Julie @juliebavi