Sunday, September 27, 2009

Surprise!!!

Last night we had the privilege of having some great friends over, along with their three kids. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, their kids wore our kid out, and there were cupcakes. Oh, and have you ever seen an 11 and 7 year old play a sword-fighting game on the Wii? It's amazing! After they left, I busied myself with the dishes in the sink. I heard Josh saunter up behind me, felt him put his hands on my shoulders and lean in close. With a heaving sigh, he said..."I want more kids." I dropped my sponge and breathed in as tears welled up in my eyes, imagining another baby--how would we handle it, where would he or she sleep, when would we have him or her, and ohmygoodness a cute, cuddly little baby! Surely we will get by relying on the Lord and our love to pull us through! All of this in the instant of my breath. Then came another revelation:

"I am TOTALLY kidding."

2 comments:

Megan Kaczmarek said...

I love your sense of humor.

My husband once suggested another baby, and I gave him a look like he had five heads. He didn't bring it up again.

musicow2 said...

THAT was awesome. I hope you made him finish doing the dishes after that.