Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hold You

"Mama UP!" he says
So his daddy lifts him up above where his 3-foot-tall frame can reach on his own. Onto the bed, where I am refusing to face the day.
He brings his trucks. "Red truck! Blue truck!" He lays his head on the pillow next to me, and as I wrap my arm around his enormous (for a toddler) frame, he says "vrooooom" and the arm is a race track. The cars race, form a train, and fall off the cliff of my shoulder.
This is the first time he's ever laid in bed with me for any length of time, without squirming his way down.
And I realize that THIS is why I get up in the morning. "Mama UP! Mama, holdyou!"

1 comment:

Your Organizing Guru said...

Such a sweet time! Brian has recently started crawling into bed with me in the morning and asking me for "Creepy Crawlies" where I slowly tickle his bare back with my finger tips.
He also asks for "Hug Up" when he wants to be picked up.
This is truly why we do what we do every moment of every day.
~J