Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Here's your update

I've been back "home" in Florida for a week. Tonight will mark Josh's one-week "anniversary" as well.

Most of you know, but some of you might not, that we are living with my parents. It is humbling to be back here, relying on them again. But we're trying to do as much as we can on our own. I cook dinner...yay me! The employment search has begun, and hopefully will end soon. Though I know in this economy there is no guarantee.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that this is scary, y'all. I have some thoughts brewing about my fear, which I'll share eventually, but they're still forming.

I'd also be lying if I didn't tell you that life is great right now. I already have a spot teaching at my old gym. I've been taking classes with my amazing instructor friends, and I didn't realize how much I'd missed them. I was approved for an extension on my degree, and will begin my counseling internship in May.

As much as things are falling apart all around me, as soon as they hit the floor they're bouncing up and coming back together.

5 comments:

vickydublu said...

i'm SO glad to hear the good news!!!! i know this is a hard time, but i am SO thankful God is showing you His blessings and His amazing Hand working some things out for you guys!

Your Organizing Guru said...

God is able!!!

Megan said...

So glad for you! You guys are still in my thoughts and prayers!

Sara said...

Rachel,

I am crossing my fingers for the right and perfect job to appear.

Also...sending you hugs as you make adjustments and smiles to all of the things that are going so well!

Kim Moldofsky said...

Things are always going to be hitting the floor, the important thing is getting them back up. It might not always be a bounce back, you may be dragging and pullingor you may have someone dragging and pulling you up, but we get everything up eventually.

This is a big upheaval for your family, but there will be better times ahead.