Friday, May 7, 2010

My Last Day...

Today is my last day at my current job.

Starting Monday, I am no longer a Stay-at-Home Mom.

Zeke will be starting day care while Josh goes to work and I essentially go to "work" and only get paid in academic credit.

Today, I took Zeke to his new school to check things out. He's found a new friend, "Ducky," a yellow duck puppet that I played with as a little girl, and he refused to let it go when we arrived at school. But once we got out on the playground, Ducky was promptly dropped on the ground in favor of the slide with the steering wheel and the many tricycles. In short, Zeke was fine! He had fun with the kids in his class, although he had a little bit of trouble sharing. I guess that's to be expected since he hasn't had to share with anyone except his playgroup friends (maybe once a week) in the last two years. I even got on the floor and read several stories to the group.

I actually started my internship yesterday (my mom took the day off of work to watch Zeke), and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. It's amazing how quickly the time flies when you're around other adults! At the end of the day, I felt accomplished and tired in a new and different way. I obviously know how difficult being a SAHM is. There were days when I felt accomplished at the end of the day, but it's different. Yesterday showed me that I am ready. It's time.

So starting Monday, I will be a working woman with my child in day care. And....

I'm really looking forward to it!!

1 comment:

Sara A Broers said...

Good for you~ sounds like you are ready to get back into the work force. A SAHM is one of the hardest "jobs" I ever experienced. Moms work hard- having been on both sides of the fence, going to work is sometimes the easier of the two. Good luck to you.