Friday, July 9, 2010

What's going on?

Hi everyone...

Just checking in to see who's still with me.

I've been absent and I hate it. I really enjoy writing and connecting and I just haven't been able to do that lately.

The bottom line is, hubby and I are working EXTREMELY hard to get out on our own. The only problem is, I only get paid in class credit (who knew that they don't take that as currency at Chick Fil A?) and the occasional piece of cake for a co-worker's baby shower.

We're working our butts off, and it seems like we're not getting anywhere. At least, it seems that way to me. I think my husband has a better "big picture" view than me right now, which is ironic because this time last year I was the one making long-range plans. Now I've got a thousand-yard-stare and can't make a solid decision to save my life.

Ever been there?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I know that feeling all too well. Even though Pat and I are living on our own (now...after living with family for the vast majority of our marriage), I still want a place that WE own.

We're renting from family so the rate is good, but there's no way we could afford anything bigger or better. We both feel like we're working our butts off with nothing to show for it because we're so snowed under with debt that we're trying to pay off to become debt free.

It ain't easy. I know you're working hard. I know you're exhausted. Just know that you're not alone. And I love you!

vickydublu said...

I'm so with you! living with the same feelings. i pray that God gives you strength, hope, peace and courage! hang in there. one day we will look back at these days, and may not want to go back, but we will be able to see God's Hand at work and appreciate so much more where we are. that's my hope anyway! :)

Kari said...

With ya sisterfriend! We should get together - we have a pool over here and we could pack our lunches and eat poolside one day....send me a FB message and let's "connect"... are you guys in a Connect group yet? We are going to Group Nite on 7/18 after the 6p.m. service...

Chitownmez said...

Me too. *hugs*