Friday, August 6, 2010

Today

I took today off from "work."

Why? Because tomorrow my husband and I will be making our SEVENTH move as a married couple....and I wanted to relax a little bit. This time we are hoping it will be much easier than the last six, because all of our stuff is in storage. That, and we're moving it from a storage unit that is about a quarter mile away from the house we're renting. Not like last time, when as you might recall, we had to do this:
I can't find the picture, but some of you may remember that our stuff BARELY fit. Thanks to the genius of some great men from our church, including the late Andy Higgins, we were able to get on the road in record time.

And then we came back six months later. And had to pack another truck, this one slightly bigger, with minimal help (I'll write more on that later this week).

I still don't know how I feel about our journey thus far, but it's nice to know that tomorrow I will have my stuff back. If I've learned anything throughout this (still very young) marriage and our SEVEN moves, it's that stuff is just stuff. But in the past four months, I've realized that stuff that's yours and UNIQUELY yours makes you feel more comfortable, more at ease, and less anxious.

So here's to moving our stuff back into a place we can call "home."

And to my co-workers: Yes, my diffuser will be unearthed ASAP. You won't have to look at my frizzy fuzzy hair for much longer.

I'm so happy I could cry.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congrats, Rach! I'm so happy for you guys. Let me know where your new place is, I want to see if we're still pretty nearby!