Monday, September 20, 2010

My Big Night Out

On Saturday I had the rare opportunity to participate in a GNO. No, that's not an embarrassing appointment that involves stirrups. In case you're not cool enough to know *ahem* GNO stands for "Girls Night Out," of course. I'm not usually invited to such events, but this time, it was my night to shine! Well, my night to celebrate a friend's birthday, at least.

Prior to leaving the house, I consulted my closest fashion adviser, Melissa of "A Working Mom's Closet" That's right y'all, I KNOW her! This is the picture I tweeted at her:

I was so excited to go I didn't wait for her reply, but she ended up giving me some great tips on what accessories might go well with this ensemble.

I had a blast, and I felt super confident. Sometimes you just need to run ideas by a friend, you know? All hail the GNO!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay, seriously, GNO? That made me spew water out of my nose.

And then - I'm the one who is honored to know YOU!

You just made me laugh. A lot.

You really look HAWT in that outfit! I hope you had a fantastic time!

Rachel Boldman said...

Thanks! I did have a great time!