Thursday, December 9, 2010

30 Minutes of Awesome


Last night I had the really cool opportunity through One2One Network, to watch the newest episode of NBC's Community, "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas...BEFORE YOU. Yes, this is the one you've been seeing commercials for; the one that's done in stop-motion claymation, like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.



It. Was. Hilarious. And warm, and touching, and just really really adorable. This is only the second or third time I've watched the show, but my husband is a regular viewer, and through him I know most of the characters. Really, you don't need much background to understand the episode. There are no back-stories or inside jokes. It's just a lot of fun.

I'd describe it as part "Wizard of Oz," part "Willy Wonka," part "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," and part "Team America: World Police." Only not as...um...questionable as the latter. And a lot of it is about psychotherapy, which, let's just face it, thrills me like nothing else. I have been sworn to secrecy about the episode's contents and Abed's search, but I can tell you that I really enjoyed watching it. Stop-Motion animation fascinates me. I can just sit there and watch it and think about how long it must have taken to do all those cool things and just get lost in the beauty of it.

I hope you're able to watch it TONIGHT at 8p.m. Eastern/7p.m. Central on NBC. While you're watching, why don't you jump online to the Twitter and chat with some of us from One2One Network, as well as the cast of Community! We can talk about the episode and what Christmas means to us. Some cool prizes, like a Sony Bloggie HD video camera and Community Season 1 DVD's, will be given away to some lucky participants. Click HERE for more details. Please sneak away for 30 minutes--say you have to go to the bathroom, and bring your little bedroom TV in there with you. 30 minutes is TOTALLY reasonable for a bathroom break. You'll want to see this episode, trust me. Even if, like me, you haven't seen the show more than a few times, OR at all! There's music, adventure, and I'm telling you, it's funny and adorable. So please, won't you join us?

*DISCLOSURE* I was provided with an advanced "copy" of this episode streaming to this here computer in exchange for my honest opinion about the show. I was given this fun opportunity because I am a member of One2One Network. This review also enters me into a drawing to win the Season 1 DVD of Community and a Sony Bloggie HD video camera, or one of ten $50.00 gift cards. These opinions are mine and mine alone.

1 comment:

cory said...

hey i love ur blog :)